Saturday 4 February 2012

The Presenter - Spot The Difference Progress.

Been a while since I posted about my presenter clip. It kind of got put in the back burner for a while whilst I worked on my song and dance clip. I started to try and ease the transitions between poses. This is a character with a big attitude. Very full of himself, and this translates into his gestures and poses. However, his dialogue is very snappy, leaving not a lot of time, to fit in an awful lot of gesturing. As pointed out in earlier feedback sessions, it's looking likely that I'd have to chop out or tone down some poses. A little bit more smoothing. Here, I tried to add a bit more breathing space between poses, however they still looked like they were fighting for screen time with each other. Just too much going on, particularly with the hands. The pauses are too static. Okay, started adding some overlaps to the hands and shoulders to try and ease those transitions some more. I'm starting to see an improvement. Still need to work on those pauses though, they don't feel natural, almost forced. I still think some of those poses need tuning down a notch, but the overlaps and follow throughs definitely help. After watching another tutorial from the great Keith Lango, (see previous post), I begin to fix the nagging problems with my pauses, or holds. They weren't moving holds, which lead to the somewhat robotic feel, the piece had before. After adding some eases into and out of the holds in the graph editor, the piece instantly began to loosen up, not in a 'smooshy', way, it doesn't look drifty, but almost just the right amount of drift that occurs naturally from a weighted body stopping and starting motion. Refined the holds some more. After some more feedback, I also dialled back a few of the poses, some of the non essential poses, or even merged a couple of poses into one, to try and eliminate some of the jitters the piece still had. This was hard, as all of those big poses supported the pieces story, and I didn't want to undersell them. I think I toned it down just enough, maybe it could do with a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment