Sunday 26 February 2012

Maya!

So not only am I animating a mime in this module, but i'm also learning a new software package, Maya. Now, I've never used Maya, and neither has my group buddy Kristian. We plan to work with each other on our final project, and as I come from a Softimage background, and him from a 3DS Max background, we decided it would be best if we met in the middle with Maya. It's quite daunting. Maya is one hell of a program. ANd after using nothing but Softimage for the last 4 and a half years, might be hard to break old habbits. Still, Group member Scott is a seasoned Maya user, he's helping us out. I tinkered a little with the rig Scott is setting up for this project...

Thankfully, the Morpheus rig has a lot of similarities to the Malcolm rig I'm used too. I posed this today, just to test, and learn my way about Maya's interface a bit. So far so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment