Sunday 5 February 2012

AP2 Final Submissions

Here they are: Lip Synch I was surprised how quickly this piece came together. It's not as exaggerated as my usual animation style, and that's why I like it. Looking back at it now, especially after working on the other two pieces for this assignment, I think I could have pushed the facial animation a little more, added more definition to the lip shapes, but perhaps that might have ruined the subdued, contained mood of the piece. Presenter This piece falls back into my usual, exaggerated style. I think it works to a degree. One of the main points of criticism during progress, was that too many poses were too big, that it looked 'overcrowded'. I honestly tried to tone it down, but it always seemed like some of the energy was lost in doing so. Looking back at the piece now, I think it still looks a little too busy, but maybe that adds to it's charm. This is an overconfident character, very sure of himself, perhaps a little egotistical, and the loud poses match his loud personality. Song and Dance I think this is the weakest of my three pieces. With rig issues, and mismanagement of time on my part, I think it looks the most unfinished. I'm still a little rough when it comes to polishing my walk cycles, which is definitely something I need to work on in the next module. Nevertheless, this was a really fun piece to work on, and working to a set rhythm is something I really enjoyed, it both restricts, and creates opportunities to play and experiment, more so than a standard lip synch piece. I feel I have improved this module, especially looking back at AP1's efforts, but I also understand more than ever that I have a long way to go. Polishing is still my biggest weakness. I need to find a proper routine and workflow, something like Keitn Lango demonstrates in his tutorial videos. I could work another month on these pieces, just polishing them. I think they need it. But I feel I can enter the next module better prepared to do so having made these mistakes here in this one. I'd like to think I'm on the right track. I do feel more confident about beginning a new animation now, I used to find it very daunting, but having to produce so many in a short space of time has pretty much beaten the fear out of me. I can only look on to the next module, and hope I improve even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment