Sunday 20 May 2012

Research and Developement.

Some more working updates.





Back when we were still entertaining the idea of having our couple meet at Jen's apartment, we decided we wanted a more homely feel, rather than the generic, new York apartment designs I posted last time. More of a large townhouse. I took a face design for an apartment, and built it up into a house. Something not too dissimilar to Stewart Little's town house, from the film of the same name.


However, since our last script re write, we've omitted the apartment scene. Been cracking on with research in other areas too, collected some sample images for park ideas, just for something to base some background art for the Animatic at the moment, Kristian is heading the park designs as I write this.


I'll be moving on to a colour script once I finish the Animatic, and the varying light qualities shown in the above selection of images will surely help. Another, somewhat less savoury port of call for research was for the star of the film, the condom balloon.


Honestly? I envisioned a longer result, maybe I need to try some different varieties? Anyway, a longer ballon will defiantly create more comedy on screen, at least in my eyes... As I'm putting our Animatic together, I'm really exploring the Nick characters facial expressions. Now, we'll be using the old Malcolm rig, that I used for the first 2 modules of this course, and that rig has an amazingly expressive face, so I'm going to try my damnedest to push it.


Hopefully I'll have an Animatic for you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment