Tuesday 29 May 2012

More fancy pants design work.

A bit of downtime from character work, I've been exploring some textures. I'm now apparently in charge of clouds, so lets start there...

For me, it's between numbers 3 and 5. Number 1, I used in my BA final project, 'Fetch!', so drawing that first just seemed natural.
Next, Billy's wardrobe came into discussion. Now, we're not sure if we're going for a picture on his shirt yet, but I like the idea, so i explored it a bit. Plus it's a great chance to get another visual gag in there... My favourites are Corn, Screw Ball, and (lol) Beaver... The UFO does look cool though...

Finally, wood. I did a texture test for Scotts bench model last night, number 1 right there, but it looked a little too heavy on the model, maybe bump was set too high or something. Anyway, more exploration was needed. Scott has commented on liking number 5, but that looks a tad too boring to me. Perhaps I can find a happy medium somewhere between 5 and 1...

Anyway, more tomorrow, when character work will resume.

No comments:

Post a Comment