Wednesday 16 May 2012

Balloon Animals - apartment studies

Newest post of the module! Going to jump straight in with the first batch of art for our new short, 'Balloon Animals' (working title). I'll post script, and animatics tomorrow, so y'all can get to grips with the idea and story. For now, I've been studying and exploring concepts for a new York apartment building, as one of the shorts scenes happens the stoop.


First off, a mood board, various new York apartments and stoops, with scribbled notes detailing aspects I like, and will use, such as window shape, colour, etc.








From the research, I drew up some stoop and window explorations, and tried fitting them together, arriving at the above, very basic apartment. Still need for some much deeper study, but at least I've dented the surface. Tomorrow, the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment