Tuesday 10 April 2012

Mime progress

Right. Well the first half is going pretty well. I entered spline over the weekend. Am still working on little nuances, like facial work, and fingers and things, but it's goi g well. One thing pointed out in class today, is the way Rossini holds his box, with a flat palm. It may look more natural if it were balance on his finger tips. Will definitely follow that up. Now, the latter half. Basically, those nasty FK/IK issues appeared again, only they weren't solved so easily. Add that to my own lack of confidence in the strength of those final poses, I've decided to redo them. Basically, instead of just rotating the box, and walking off in a huff, I decided Rossini should really loose his composure, and really, "think outside the box" as the director puts it. He flips out, and starts to shove the box, only to realise what a weakling he is, so he gives up, and dramatically storms off, box in tow. I managed to get the bones of it blocked tonight, so hopefully will have it pretty well on in linear by weeks end. Giving two weeks clearance to spline and polish. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment