Monday 16 April 2012

11 Second update.

Today i've been beavering away, looking for suitable rigs and making props for my pro granny skateboarder scene. I looked at a few rigs, both different variations on the well known Morpheus and Norman rigs for Maya. I want to stay with Maya for the rest of this module, see what I can learn before we kick off with the major project next module.

I looked at a few rooks from this site, HERE, posted by Rachel in the MACHARACTER Facebook Group. I tinkered with a few, but to be honest, I much prefer using Morpheus, thanks to the Mime task, I'm used to it. So I've decided to modify my own. I've also been building the necessary props, i.e helmet, skateboard etc. I have plenty of skateboards around here for reference, so modelling one wasn't an issue. I still need to fully model the scene, I'm still unsure with where to go with it...

I'm not sure how to go about texturing stuff in Maya, so Scott is going to show me few things after class tomorrow. But I at least am able to begin ploughing on with animating the shot now.

Here's a teaser.


Ther personalities are there, but I think the added textures and costumes will really bring the characters home. The pro just doesn't look elderly yet. Well, best be getting on.

No comments:

Post a Comment