Monday 2 April 2012

Book watch - Full Steam Ahead

Currently available for pre order on Amazon.com, no sign of a Amazon.co.uk release yet, is the Ward Kimble biography "Full Steam Ahead", by animation writer and Cartoon Brew contributor Amid Amidi. One of Walt's original 9 old men, I think it's great to see the others, besides Frank and Ollie, to be given a major published work. Maybe we'll see works about other disney animators such as my personal favourite Milt Kahl, or even more recent animators Andreas Deja and the great Glen Keane. Either way, at about $29, I think I'll be adding "Full Steam Ahead" to my book shelf.

More info about the book can be found here
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0811866319/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=animationblast08&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0811866319

And a post by the author Amid here
http://www.cartoonbrew.com/books/pre-order-full-steam-ahead-the-ward-kimball-biography.html

Finding any pencil tests from Ward is real hard work so for now, here's some Ward being Ward.


I dug up this too, a short film by Ward, protesting against the Vietnam war in 1968. WARNING- probably NSFW


No comments:

Post a Comment