Wednesday 28 March 2012

Mime Task - Animation Progress.

Okay, remember when I said I'd been busy fighting for my job? Well I lost it. Company went in to administration, and thousands of workers were struck off. Ah well, nothing to distract me from animating now. Right. First off, the initial blocking blast I showed before spring break. I know, I should have uploaded it ages ago, but at least it's here now. Very bare bones, just to pin down the timing with the dialogue really. One great issue Harshali brought up, when Rossini brushes dust off the top of his 'box', it's not instantly clear. So next time around, I'll work that gesture in. Started adding breakdowns here, as well as adding in a few little gestures, like Harshali's suggestion above, and a little glare at the criticising director. Rossini does not take criticism well. And then we come to today's efforts. I've worked a little more on exaggerating Rossini's first step to the side, just before he defines his 'box', as well as chipping away at adding more breakdown poses before jumping into spline and linear. I'm trying to be extra thorough this time round, defining as much of the animation as I can in stepped before moving into linear. Hopefully I'll get a nice, grounded feel to the piece, and avoid more of the floatyness that occurs when jumping tangents. Hopefully it'll streamline the polishing phase. I'll check back tomorrow with hopefully most of the stepped blocking done. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment