Sunday 4 March 2012

Defining Character- Revised Clips.

So after digging a little deeper in my research efforts, I decided to change clips. I wasn't satisfied that the two clips I picked adequately represented moments in which a character's personality is defined. So here aremy new choices. Live Action - The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf Arrives. First of all, I love The Lord of the Rings, was a great fan of the books, and thought the movies did them great justice. Gandalf's arrival in The Shire has always stood out in my memory, as I think it perfectly portrays his character as a lively, gentle, yet wise old wizard. Animated - Up - Carl Wakes Up I love how Pixar can say so much with their characters without dialogue. In this scene, the audience are brought up to speed with where Carl is now, alone after losing his wife. It shows the transformation from a retiring, loving husband, to a lonely, bitter old man.

EDIT:
View the presentation here


No comments:

Post a Comment